Brenda Hage, PhD, DNP, CRNP
Professor of Nursing
PhD – Virginia Commonwealth University
DNP – Chatham University
MSN – Misericordia University
BSN – University of the State of New York, Albany
Dr. Brenda Hage is a tenured professor of nursing, and serves as the assistant dean of nursing and chief nurse administrator. She has over two decades of teaching experience in undergraduate, MSN and DNP education.
Dr. Hage is a family nurse practitioner with clinical expertise in gerontology, rehabilitation and family practice. She served as the associate medical director at a pro-bono community health clinic, The Hope Center, Luzerne, PA from 2010-2018. Dr. Hage is board certified as a family NP by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (NP-C), and as a adult-gerontological primary care NP (AGPCNP-BC) by the American Nurses Credentialing Corporation and certified case manager (C.C.M.) by the Commission for Case Manger Certification. Dr. Hage’s areas of research interest are aging in place, multi-generational living, gerontechnology and rehabilitation.
- 2017/2018 American Association of Colleges of Nursing; Leadership in Academic Nursing Fellow, Washington, D.C.
- 2015/2016 Duke/Johnson & Johnson Nursing Leadership Fellow, Duke University
- 2005 Biomedical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow National Institutes of Health/National Library of Medicine – Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole
- 2005 Ethics Fellow, Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Gerontology
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Recipient of the Presidential Point of Light Award, President George H. W. Bush’s Points of Light Foundation for care of the underserved.
- 2014-2017 Appointed to the Pennsylvania Council of Aging by Governor Tom Corbett in December 2011 and was reappointed for a second term. The Pennsylvania Council on Aging acts in an advisory capacity to the governor and the secretary of aging on the planning, coordination and delivery of services to older adults. The council advocates for the needs of the elderly in Pennsylvania.
- 2011 Advanced Practice Nursing Scholarship Award from the Nightingale Foundation of Pennsylvania.
- 2005 Distinguished Nurse Practitioner Achievement Alumni Award at Misericordia University.
- 2003 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners’ State award for Excellence.