You have the foundational skills. Now earn the advanced degree.
As a nurse working on the front lines, you see how rising costs, complex insurance coverage, and an aging population strain healthcare delivery. You also see how advanced practice nurses are working to drive change, and you want to join them.
Earn your Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online from Misericordia University, and develop the graduate-level expertise to improve outcomes, increase satisfaction, reduce costs, and place a renewed focus on wellness and prevention.
Choose your path to advanced nursing practice.
We’ve structured our advanced nursing program to allow for seamless progression from undergraduate to graduate to doctoral-level studies.
Learn to conduct physical exams, diagnose illness, and treat patients from adolescence through their senior years. Focus on disease prevention and promote wellness.
Focus on the primary care management of acute and chronic health problems for individuals and families across all age ranges and demographics.
Why earn your MSN online from Misericordia?
We do more than provide you with the clinical tools needed to succeed in today’s increasingly complex healthcare organizations. We challenge you to think beyond a singular health event or hospital stay and encourage you to consider how to maximize a patient’s overall wellness.
We’re nationally recognized for producing excellent advanced practice nurses — and this is your chance to become one.
Graduate with your online MSN from Misericordia, and you’ll be prepared to:
- Conduct comprehensive health assessments and physical exams
- Diagnose and manage medical issues using evidence-based, advanced practice nursing care to improve patient outcomes
- Analyze, synthesize, and utilize research evidence to deliver high-quality care, initiate change, and improve practice
- Provide health promotion, illness prevention, and disease management services to diverse individuals, families, groups, and communities
- Qualify for advanced roles caring for individuals and families across the lifespan
- Secure new opportunities in primary care settings, family practice centers, CRNP-owned practices, rural health clinics, and nursing homes
- Apply for national certification from either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
To qualify for admission into our online MSN program, you must have:
- A BSN from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Unencumbered registered nurse license
You must also provide the following:
- Online application
- Official transcripts
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
- Statement of personal and professional goals
The Master’s in Nursing at Misericordia University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202‑887‑6791.
Misericordia University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Ranked among “2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region”