You’ve mastered advanced practice. Now move ahead with an additional specialty.
There’s no such thing as a routine day when you’re an advanced practice nurse. It’s one of the many reasons you love your job. There’s always more to learn. And now you’re ready for the next challenge.
Earn your post-master’s certificate in nursing as an adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner or family nurse practitioner from Misericordia University. Find your niche — and receive the enhanced training to focus on providing care for unique patient populations.
This is your path to specialized practice.
We’ve structured our advanced nursing program to allow for seamless progression from graduate to post-graduate to doctoral-level studies.
Treat patients as they progress on their journey from adolescence to adulthood to old age. Develop the expertise to treat their illnesses and promote their wellness.
Work with patients of all ages and from all backgrounds. Focus on their physical assessment, health maintenance, and the primary care management of acute and chronic health problems.
Why earn your post-master’s certificate in nursing online from Misericordia?
We’re dedicated to producing the next generation of post-professional healthcare practitioners and educators. We’re driven by an unwavering commitment to academic excellence, service leadership, and professional preparation. These principles are woven into every aspect of our online programs — and you’ll experience them at work in every assignment, discussion post, group project, and clinical field study.
Graduate from Misericordia with a post-master’s certificate in nursing, and you’ll be prepared to:
- Focus on health promotion, illness prevention, and disease management for specific patient populations and health systems.
- Use scientific inquiry to identify, treat, and manage health problems for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Apply an enhanced knowledge of wellness and care coordination to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction scores.
- Leverage new leadership skills to promote evidence-based practice and deliver patient-centered care within a wide-range of healthcare settings.
- Build collaborative, interprofessional relationships to affect change within today’s healthcare organizations.
We’ve spent the past 95 years building a reputation for academic excellence. We’re nationally recognized for producing talented graduates, especially in the fields of health and medical sciences — and this is your chance to become one.
To qualify for admission into one of our online post-master’s certificate programs, you must have:
- An MSN from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Unencumbered registered nurse license and APRN certification*
*APRN credentials in one of four: Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP), or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
You must also provide the following:
- Online application
- Official transcripts
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
- Statement of personal and professional goals
The Master’s in Nursing at Misericordia University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202‑887‑6791.
Misericordia University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Ranked among “2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region”